Friday, October 3, 2014

September Monthly Favourites

A little late but better than nothing hey? September was an awesome month for me, it started with a whole heap of assignments due at once and then ended with a birthday long weekend which included best friend sleepovers, my favourite food, tequila and of course, the Royal Show! I also have been loving a lot of new things this month, many of which have yet to be featured on the blog. On to the favourites for September..



Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner

I picked up this toner after realizing that I had not been using enough acids in my skincare routine (thank you Mrs Hirons), I was occasionally using Clarins Gentle Exfoliating Toner and the Alpha H Liquid Gold but on a weekly basis rather than a daily basis. I picked up this massive 200ml toner from Priceline on sale for around $12 (however it retails for $14.99), it contains salicylic and gylcolic acid and has been doing wonders for my skin. If you have oily and blemish prone skin I do recommend that you check this toner out, it is quite strong however!

Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

I received this in the massive skincare goody bag from Priceline earlier in the year. This smells aboslutely amazing and has been doing a great job of fixing up my cuticles and my poor dry cracked nails. It probably isnt the most nourishing cream on the market but it does the job for my hands and I think that this 17g tub will last me a very long time. It retails for $14.99 at Priceline.

Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm

This 15g lip balm is seriously luxurious. It costs $19.99 (I purchased it for $12 while there was a skincare sale on) and comes contained in a frosted glass tub. It is quite a thick texture but I have been using this every night and it has been doing a fantastic job of keeping my lips lovely and not gross and dry and cracked. It also has a really nice subtle scent that I cannot put my finger on, citrus maybe?

Revlon Highlight Palette

I picked up the Revlon Highlight Palette in shade Peach Glow during the Priceline 50% off Revlon sale. I absolutely love this highlighter as it works as a highlighter, blush and bronzer all in one. The shades can be used separately or mixed, I prefer to mix personally. This item has graced my cheeks a lot this past month and probably will for the next few months! My friend picked me up the Rose Glow palette so I have that to look forward to as well.

Australis Fresh & Flawless Pressed Powder

This powder is absolutely amazing. I have used it every time I have worn makeup since I purchased it, it retails for a very low $11.40 but I purchased it whilst it was $4 off at Kmart. I think I will be repurchasing this over and over again, I very much understand the hype surrounding this product. It adds coverage while not being cakey and helps to control shine throughout the day.

Essence Longlasting Lipstick & Lipliner

Ah the Kylie Jenner lip look. If you haven't been obsessed with this lip look then you probably haven't been on Instagram, it is everywhere at the moment. I have been obsessing and have purchased a fair few products that are deemed as dupes of the Mac products used by Miss Jenner. The Essence Longlasting Lipstick in shade 06 Barely There! and the Essence Lipliner in 06 Sative Mauve are, in my opinion, a great dupe. They do last a long time on my lips and don't dry them out or accentuate any cracks, they are very flattering and I have been wearing this combo non stop which is amazing for someone who rarely wears anything more than lipbalm. The lipstick retails for $4.10 and the lipliner for $1.80 so they are definitely worth checking out.


What were your favourite things in September?

Love Liz xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com