Monday, December 23, 2013

New on My Lips

Hey Guys


I just want to say that it is so great to see so many people following me on Bloglovin! Well today I want to share with you three new items that I have been enjoying on my lips, I must admit I am late to the party with these so you have probably already read many reviews, and possibly even have these in your own stash so apologies to anyone who is sick of these.


Nivea Lip Butter & 2  Rimmel Apocalips

Nivea Lip Butter

I only purchased this Nivea Lip Butter in Vanilla & Macadamia recently at Kmart while picking up some more cotton balls, I had been meaning to purchase this for a really long time but always forget about it, I saw that Nivea products were on sale and could not resist. I am so glad that I didn't, this smells delicious and I cannot get enough of it. This goes on clear but gives the lips a little bit of shine and a whole lot of moisture. Nivea says this is how the product works:

NIVEA Lip Butter Vanilla & Macadamia is formulated with NIVEA's own Hydra IQ deep moisture technology which helps to restore and maintain soft and healthy lips and shea butter which protects the sensitive lip skin against the elements. With mild almond oil, NIVEA Lip Butters help to condition and calm even very dry lips for long-lasting moisturisation.

Nivea Lip Butter Tin


 I really love this, it leaves my lips feeling soft and hydrated and not at all heavy or greasy with product. The only con is that it is not all that hygienic being in a tin versus a stick, however I love the look of the tin a lot more to be honest, and this is still great to pop in my handbag for reapplying. This retails for $5.96 AUD but can often be found on special, I will definitely consider repurchasing when I am done getting through this huge tin!

Rimmel Apocalips

I am so late to the party with this it is almost not worth reviewing, but I love these so why not. I purchased the Rimmel Apocalips in Big W during a 40% off sale, in shade 600 Nude Eclipse and shade 501 Stellar.The Apocalips are considered a lip lacquer rather than a lipstick or a lipgloss, if you have tried these then you will understand. They are wet like a lipgloss but have the pigmentation and vibrancy of a lipstick. They can be built up from a sheer shade to a bold full colour, these come with a doe foot applicator in built, a lip brush may be necessary to touch up the edges though (if you are as heavy handed as me that is).


Swatches: Top - Stellar, Bottom - Nude Eclipse

Stellar is a bright and beautiful pinky red, this a LOOK AT ME colour. I love this for a bright pop of colour in summer, particularly with a monochrome outfit (which is most of my wardrobe).
Nude Eclipse as the name implies is a nude beige colour. I prefer this to be worn sheer rather than the full bold colour as it does kind of clash with my skin tone when opaque.

I have found these to have quiet a long staying power, even while eating and drinking. They are a satin finish which dries down to an almost matte finish. Only problem I had with these occurred when I had not prepped my lips (which I do with a lip scrub and then moisturising balm), so try to make sure your lips are moisturised before applying. This retails for $15.95 AUD but you can often find this on sale for cheaper ($11.16 currently on offer at Priceline, making it quite a good buy).



It is getting very close to Christmas now, anybody else super excited and counting down the days?

Love Liz xx

1 comment:

  1. Love ALL these products! Nude Eclipse is the newest I own and I have been wearing it with a smoky eye :) Merry Christmas!

    Kate Xx
    themintedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com