Thursday, April 17, 2014

Review: Essence Metal Glam Highlighter Powder

I picked up this Essence highlighter from Priceline recently, I had wanted to purchase a powder highlighter during the Priceline 40% off sale but there was only a couple I could find and they weren't very appealing. I am ashamed to admit that this is the only powder highlighter I own, I only own a couple liquid and cream highlighters. 



I have wanted a powder highlighter for a while as I find cream and liquid are a bit hard to wear on my oily skin. I had considered purchasing one by the Balm, however I read a few reviews comparing this highlighter from essence to that of the Balm's Mary- Lou Manizer. 



This highlighter is part of a limited edition range by Essence so if you want to pick it up be quick, it is exclusive to Priceline so you will need to purchase it there. It retails for $5.35 AU which is ridiculously cheap for 9g of a powder product that will probably last me forever. 



The shade is 01 Gold Digger which is a lovely pale champagne colour. It is a metallic highlighter, it does not have glitter particles but it does look quite shimmery on the skin. This lasts for around 4-5 hours on my oily skin, drier skin would probably have a longer last time, but for the price I really cant complain.



I am considering picking up another one as I know this is a limited edition, however I believe Essence usually put out a highlighter every so often in their ranges so I will have to think about it! But this is a really lovely highlighter for the price so I definitely recommend grabbing one if you haven't already.

Have you tried anything from Essence?

Love Liz xx


2 comments:

  1. Great review! I also recently purchased this and really love it :) I still want to try the Mary Lou one though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have no spare money at the moment so the essence one will have to do for now. Would love to one day own Mary Lou though ;)
      xx

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com