Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Review: Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Concealer + Treatment

I purchased the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser after finishing off my Maybelline Super Stay 24HR Concealer in shade Cream which was the incorrect shade for my skin. I had been meaning to purchase the Instant Age Rewind Eraser for quite a while, but I was not willing to part with the $18.95 AU for it, and I had forgotten about it during the half price Maybelline sale and came home with the Super Stay concealer instead. I did quite like that concealer, but being the wrong shade was painful, but I managed to mainly mix it with a bit of concealer to get a brightening under eye effect.



 I finally purchased the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser after finding it from a legitimate seller on eBay for only $13.80 with free postage. It arrived quickly in all the packaging and not out of date or anything horrible which can occur when purchasing off eBay. In Australia this can be purchased in 4 shades, fair, light, medium and brightener. I purchased this in the shade medium, which seems to be a good match for my summer skin colour. 



This is not only a concealer, but also claims to be a treatment for under eye circles. It contains Goji Berry and Haloxyl which the website claims to be the active ingredient that:
Reduces the look of puffiness and shadows while fading the appearance of under-eye circles.
I have not been using this enough to comment on whether this product can actually treat the appearance of under eye circles, in my experience not a lot can so I am quite doubtful of this claim. Regardless I am happy to try and hope that it does work but I will not be too disappointed if it doesn't make any long term difference. 



I have quite dark under eye circles, perhaps a combination of my sleeping troubles and genetics (thanks dad) and no matter what I do they wont budge. I quite like to use the cooling eye ball rollers after they have been  in the fridge for a while, but this is only a temporary improvement. This concealer works really well to cover my dark circles, just a twist or two and there is enough to cover everything. I realise that a brush on top is not the most hygienic of ways to dispense the product, but I will be the only one using this so I see no problems with it. I just have to keep it away from my eyes as I would with any other brush. 

Love Liz xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com